Findings Gaps and Limitations in Existing Research
Learn How to Find Gaps and Limitations in Existing Research
Gaps and Limitations in Existing Research
Research Scholars who are new in Business and Social Sciences Research do not know how to identify the gaps and limitations in existing research and furthermore how to utilize the gaps and limitations in existing research to formulate a research from start.
Steps to Identify Gaps and Limitations in Existing Research
Identifying Gaps and Limitations in Existing Research is critical to producing quality research. Following are the steps that one could follow to identify gaps and imitations in existing research.
- Review the Proposed Limitations and Future Research Directions
- Identify any new constructs/variables proposed that may be added to the model.
- It is worth noting that new and original contribution stems from add new constructs to the model, new study setting is replication and not contribution. For more detail, Click Here to understand what constitutes theoretical contribution.
- Do not just blindly add the variables, also search if the relationships make sense in the context of your study and can you explain the proposed relationship.
- Another important point is not to take variables from one single study, another scholar may have also read the same paper and may propose a similar study, this will waste a lot of your time.