Hayes Process Macro
Hayes Process Macro - Lecture Series
This series of sessions will focus on how to use Hayes Process Macro in SPSS for Mediation and Moderation Analysis.
What is Process Macro?
- PROCESS is an observed variable OLS and logistic regression path analysis modelling tool.
- It is widely used through the social, business, and health sciences for estimating direct and indirect effects in single and multiple mediator models (parallel and serial) , two and three way interactions in moderation models along with simple slopes and regions of significance for probing interactions, and conditional indirect effects in moderated mediation models with a single or multiple mediators or moderators.
What is “Conditional Process Analysis”?
“Conditional process analysis” is a modelling strategy undertaken with the goal of
- describing the conditional or contingent nature of the mechanism(s) by which a variable
- transmits its effect on another, and testing hypotheses about such contingent effects.
- Conditional Process Analysis is the amalgamation of two key concepts: process analysis and moderation analysis. It quantifies and examines the pathways through which an antecedent variable (“x”) transmits its effect on a consequent variable (“y”) through one or more mediating variables (“m”). This approach helps us understand the conditional or contingent nature of these mechanisms.
A melding of two ideas conceptually and analytically:
- “Process analysis”, used to quantify and examine the direct and indirect pathways through which an antecedent variable X transmits its effect on a consequent variable Y through an intermediary M. Better known as “mediation analysis” these days.
- “Moderation analysis” used to examine how the effect of an antecedent X on an consequent Y depends on a third moderator variable M (“interaction”).
Step 1: Visit https://www.processmacro.org/download.html to Download the Process Macro
Step 2: Unzip the Folder
Step 3: Select the Menu item to Install Custom Dialog
Step 4: Locate Process Dialog
Step 5: Press OK